The Club at Old Hawthorne
- The Club at Old Hawthorne opened in 2007 on what was the Harold “Eutsey” Johnson family horse farm by Billy and Glenda Sapp.
- An original portion of the clubhouse was built in 1938 and is an exact replica of President Andrew Jackson’s home “The Hermitage”.
- The golf course was designed by Art Schaupeter from St. Louis, Missouri
- The Club at Old Hawthorne has been the home for the men's and women's golf teams at the University of Missouri since it opened in 2007.
- Mizzou Golf celebrated the grand opening of the Walsworth Family Golf Center at Old Hawthorne in 2013. The facility was made possible by the Walsworth Family and Mr. Ben Thomas along with many others. The facility includes indoor hitting bays, team locker rooms, team lounges, coaching offices and swing pattern analysis video stations.
Country Club of Missouri
- Founded in 1971 and opened in 1973, CCMO as it is commonly called was the first “Championship “18 Hole course in Columbia at nearly 6500 yards.
- Designed by Dr. Marvin Ferguson from Bryan, Texas. Columbia Golf Hall of Fame inductee Tommy Stone was the first golf course superintendent .
- CCMO was home to the Missouri Open for several years. Future Major Championship winners Payne Stewart and John Daly played in the tournament multiple times. Daly won the event in 1987 when he was just 21 years old.
- CCMO also hosted an exhibition by Lee Trevino in 1977 and for several years was home to Stan Utley’s “Go for the Gold” Rainbow House Classic that many prominent PGA Tour players attended including 2-time US Open winner Lee Janzen.
Columbia Country Club
- In 1915, a group of citizens got together with one goal in mind: to plan and build the first Country Club in Columbia, Missouri. From this vision came the creation of Columbia Country Club; and in 1921, the Club’s original 9 holes of golf were designed by J.M. Watson
- Columbia Country Club played host to legendary PGA professionals Ben Hogan and Sam Snead, who conducted playing exhibitions on its hallowed grounds in 1942.
- In 1987, sixty-six years after first opening its doors, the back nine was designed by Larry Packard and added to the property, transforming CCC into a 6,436 yard, par 71 championship golf course. Long time Golf Professional and Columbia Hall of Fame inductee Al Chandler was instrumental in the execution of adding the new nine.
- The world-renowned golf course design firm Hurdzan/Fry was awarded the task of a complete course redesign in 2012. The philosophy was to create a visually stunning layout that rewarded great golf shots and offered playability for golfers of all skill levels. Columbia Golf Hall of Fame inductee Dee Sanders was instrumental in the execution of the redesign.
AL Gustin Golf Course
- The University Golf Course was built around 1920 and existed until early 1940 when it was converted to Quonset hut living quarters for military personnel entering World War II. The golf course was bordered on the north by Kentucky Ave, on the west by Providence Road, to the south was Memorial Stadium and the Planetarium which was also was used as a club house, the eastern boundary was Hitt Street at or about where the Missouri Orthopedic Institute building stands now.
- The 9-hole course had greens that were nothing more than closely mown grass circles with a flag in the center.
- In 1959-60 a new 18-hole course was built just to the west of Memorial Stadium on land donated by the Rollins Family and with funds donated by the A.L. Gustin Jr family of Kansas City, Missouri. This land was earmarked specifically for use as a golf course and named the A.L. Gustin Jr Golf Course but was commonly known as the “U”.
- The course was designed by Floyd Farley from Kansas City, Missouri. Mr. Farley was a prolific golf architect in the Midwest with over 100 designs and renovations to his name.
- In 1997 a new clubhouse was built designed by local architect Mr. Pon Chinn.
- A.L. Gustin Golf Course was the first college golf course in the United States certified by Audubon International and recognized as a Cooperative Sanctuary in 1997.
LA Nickell Golf Course
- The Columbia Municipal Golf Course was built in 1953 by the Cosmopolitan International Club and the Junior Chamber of Commerce in partnership with the City of Columbia Parks and Recreation Department
- The original 9 hole course was designed by Mr. Earl “Smiley” Bell, a Golf Professional from Kansas City, Missouri.The 1st hole is the current #10 and played to a length of 405 yards
- A back 9 was added in 1968 and believed to be designed by retired Columbia Country Club Golf Professional Johnny Gavin with assistance from Francis Hagen and Jim McKinney,both Columbia Golf Hall of Fame inductees and prominent local players at the time.
- In 1983 the course was renamed and dedicated in honor of L.A.Nickell SR and L.A.Nickell JR who were instrumental in the development of the original course and park.
- The original clubhouse was torn down and replaced with a state of the art facility designed by local architect Mr. Pon Chinn in 1986.
Lake of the Woods/Forest Hill Golf Course
- The Forest Hill Country Club was founded around 1950 as a 9- hole sand green course. It also had an adjoining 3 hole short course where the 18th hole is now that served as a warm up course and was also used by junior golfers learning to play.
- In 1965 the greens were converted to a grass surface by Mr. Clay Reed.
- A new back 9 was added designed by Columbia CC Golf Professional Johnny Gavin in 1972.
- In 1976 the Club was purchased by the City of Columbia. The following year, the Columbia Parks and Recreation department renamed the course Lake of the Woods Golf Course as part of the Lake of the Woods Recreation Area.
- The original clubhouse was torn down and replaced with a new one that sits next to the first tee in 1996. It was designed by local architect Mr. Pon Chinn.